*Grantees could select one or more of these strategies outlined in our theory of change. Of the 2019 grantees, 70 percent chose more than one.
Belton School District #124
Center for Developmentally Disabled
Child Protection Center
Children’s Mercy Kansas City
Comprehensive Mental Health Services
Gordon Parks Elementary School
Jewish Family Services
Jewish Vocational Service
KC CARE Health Center
KC Healthy Kids
Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault
Poetry for Personal Power
Rose Brooks Center
The Family Conservancy
Tri-County Mental Health Services
Truman Medical Center Charitable Foundation
Theory of Change
Improve the availability and quality of mental and behavioral health services.*
*Mental/behavioral health services may be referred to as “services.”
- Advance strategies that deepen workforce and leadership capacity.
- Fund core operating support that leads to organizational improvement, builds infrastructure, or promotes sustainability.
- Develop strategic and accountable partnerships that lead to enhanced continuum of care.
- Promote policies, practices, and technology that increases coverage, affordability, and availability of services.
- Support place-based services and strategies.
- Encourage coordinated care and collaboration among multiple agencies and partners.
- Support outreach strategies to inform and engage target populations.
Improve Quality Practice
- Encourage the use of emerging or best practices that are evidence based.
- Support services that are family-focused, person-centered, culturally responsive, and trauma-informed.
- Support the integration of services into primary care settings.
Mental and behavioral health supports will enable people to live healthy and resilient lives in the community.